At SteelChief, we understand that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information.
You can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. We do not collect any personal information about you except information you knowingly provide.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information, which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
Your information is stored in secure servers that are protected in secure facilities. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Personal information will not be released to persons or entities outside our organisation without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988; (Under the Privacy Act 1988, SteelChief is obliged to provide personal information of an individual which has been collected, used or disclosed since 21 December 2001.)
- SteelChief is required by law to disclose information to third parties; or
- SteelChief has outsourced some internal functions to third party contractors, for example, data warehousing, hosting servers or mail houses.
If you do supply personal information, SteelChief may use your personal information in order to:
- send you direct marketing material by email or post in the future; and
- compile a consumer profile about you to enable SteelChief to better serve you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any queries, problems or complaints relating to your privacy or would like to access your personal information held by SteelChief, please contact us.